Thursday, December 18, 2014

If Prophet Masocha can be charged with sexual assault, why not these Zimbabwean men for stripping a woman in public!



Yesterday I thought the Faith video was bad enough, today I see another sickening video on Nehanda TV of a woman in Zimbabwe being sexually assaulted viciously and being called a whore by a gang of hooligans in broad daylight! She was being stripped in public by a group of men. Her crime? She wore a mini skirt. The skirt is not even that short! What is happening to the Zimbabwean Society? Why are women being treated so badly and no one is raising an eyebrow. A woman was sexually attacked in public because she wore a mini skirt and that's okay? Its times like this I feel ashamed to be called Zimbabwean, because this is barbarism at its highest. Why are these men not being charged with sexual assault. Why? For those who don't know, this is the best definition of sexual assault I could find: 

Sexual violence and abuse can be defined as any behaviour perceived to be of a sexual nature which is unwanted and takes place without consent or understanding.

If Walter Masocha can be charged with sexual assault and face trial, why cant these men for attacking a woman in public? If Agape leader and song writer Maxwell Nyakutya was put on the sex offender register and banned from ever teaching for merely stroking a girl's  thigh in public, why cant these men face justice for sexually assaulting a woman in public. They touched and grabbed her bum, they stripped her. How is this different from gang rape? Why are these men not being charged with sexual violence and assault. They pulled the poor woman from a mini bus, she could have fallen and died. This is so wrong Zimbabweans. Yesterday I was speaking for Faith, and today I speak for that poor woman who was violently attacked and striped by a pack of Zimbabwean hooligans in public. The act itself was sickening enough, but someone went on to record it and its now all over social media again. A woman not only being abused sexually, physically, mentally but the act itself is now on display for the world to watch. How humiliating for this woman! Why Zimbabwe? Why? Where is the justice? Where there no police around when this was happening. Was there no sane man, even one man to speak out and stop this barbarism. Oh my heart bleeds for the women of Zimbabwe. It really does. 

You can watch sickening video here on Nehanda TV

Only a month ago a video was posted on Facebook of an evil Nigerian maid torturing a  baby. The public were so outraged and authorities in Nigeria were forced to arrest this evil maid, Today she is behind bars. Justice was served. Should that not be the point of posting such videos online, for justice! Now what is the point of posting this video and people just watch and continue eating their Nandos as if nothing has happened! I really don't understand. Its shocking to me, and maybe I am the only one shocked by the video. But that will not stop me from asking why no men have been arrested and charged for sexual assault, a serious one for that! I want those men charged and brought to justice for doing that to a woman. Do they not have mothers or sisters or daughters, how would they feel if it was their own blood being treated like that!

A few weeks ago I wore this dress, that poor woman's dress was definitely longer than this!

 I did wear this mini sports dress modelling at Miss Commonwealth and I do wear it today jogging, (yes I need to lose my baby weight all-right) sad I cant look like this in my own home country. 


This was me in August on my birthday and 7 and half months pregnant with Fadzi, yet I still rocked my favourite black dress heavily pregnant, yes it is a mini and every woman should be free to dress like this if they want!

 Didn't our ancestors used piratically walk around naked. In Swaziland they do a reed festival with women bare breasted. Is that not our African heritage after all? There are a lot of tribes in Africa today where women still walk around with practically no clothes on, and no one gets raped. Was it not the white man who brought clothes to Africa? Did we not used to walk around naked, in animal skins? And now you want to preach morals to women and attack women violently using culture? Well if we really want to go back to culture everyone should not be wearing clothes in the first place, lets get our animal skins back on! There is no justification for striping a woman in public over her personal choice of apparel. Its evil. Its barbaric and its a CRIME! Maybe Zimbabwe needs a new law put in place to make this barbarism officially illegal breaking of the law. Men can not keep doing this and not face justice. That poor woman should have gone straight to the police to report sexual and physical attack! Zimbabweans do something to stop this barbaric behaviour on women before someone dies.

Two months ago when I entered the Miss Commonwealth Pageant, I only did it because of my burden for Zimbabwe. The Zimbabwean Woman in particular. I even chose not to wear any make up and have my hair natural because I said in my interview I wanted to represent the true woman of Zimbabwe, the woman who is in the rural areas and cant afford Mary Kay or Brazilian hair extensions. I want to be able to speak for that woman, the common regular woman of Zimbabwe who doesn't have a voice. I want to speak for the woman who is being subjected to emotional abuse not only by her husband, but by the sisters of her husband too. This is reality in Zimbabwe, its the issues that affect us as women. Toady I write for the woman who was stripped in public for wearing a mini skirt, it wasn't even that short! But that's besides the point. 

By the way, there seems to be a lot of reaction about my post yesterday in support of Faith Mutema. I will repaet, I dont condone any form of fornication whatsoever be it adultery or prostitution or whatever. Faith was very wrong, but she did not  deserve the treatment she received from husband and family. Nothing justifies emotional abuse, NOTHING. And I will maintain my stance and support this woman, because I believe her case has raised awareness on how women are generally treated in Zimbabwe especially by their in laws and husbands. Its a terrible culture that needs to change and is unacceptable and I will speak against it as long as I live. My heart is in Zimbabwe and I have a burden for the Zimbabwean Woman. I am receiving messages in my inbox from men accusing me of harbouring a deep hatred for men and being a feminist and that I should sympathise with Patrick. No, right now I am sympathising with Faith and the woman who was stripped in public by a bunch of violent Zimbabwean men and no one seems to care. Thats where my sympathy is right now, and I wish I could give both these women a hug. I don't have time to sympathise with Patrick and his sister at this particular time.

I will not stop speaking for the Zimbabwean woman. 

If Prophet Masocha can be charged with sexual assault, why not these Zimbabwean men for stripping a woman in public! Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: blog

0 comments:

Post a Comment